Edward Eldred Potter Club
Annual Alumni Reunion
Jamestown NY September 13-14, 2005
June 30, 2005
Dear Fellow Potterman,
We are looking forward to seeing you at the 2005 Potter Reunion on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 13 and 14 , in Mayville, NY, at Webb's Lake Resort on beautiful Chautauqua Lake. We have an extraordinary experience planned for you and are excited about the opportunity to “show off” our region as your hosts. The enclosed separate sheet contains a detailed Schedule of Events and a general map for your convenience.
A full day of field tripping is planned for Wednesday, with stops at: the beautiful scenic overlook at the new Chautauqua County Visitors Center; the Supreme Court Judge Robert H. Jackson Center; the Luci-Desi Museum; the world famous Chautauqua Institution, where we will also have lunch; and two optional stops - Wine Tasting at a local winery, or Antiquing at historic Westfield, NY.
Our evening dinner at the well known Webb's Captain's Table Restaurant will feature a choice of 5 entrees that should please everyone's palate. Dessert will be Chef’s choice and guaranteed to be great! The entree choices include:
● Chicken Chautauqua - Webb's tender boneless breast of chicken, lightly breaded and pan sauteed, topped with fresh mushroom caps, bacon strips and poulee sauce;
● Prime Rib (8 oz. Cut) - Served with Webb's famous au jus made from fresh vegetables and natural rib drippings;
● Wild Atlantic Salmon Fillet - Broiled, Grilled, Blackened, or Herb Crusted
● Veal Chautauqua - Milk-fed veal, lightly breaded and pan sauteed and topped with fresh mushroom caps, bacon strips and poulee sauce;
● Vegetable Lasagna - Tender pasta, layered with zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, onions, green peppers, red peppers, mozzarella, grated parmesan, and ricotta cheeses. Baked with Webb's own special marinara sauce. If you have a special dietary need beyond these selections, please call us.
The program will include:
● A Special Presentation on our Reunion Theme - "Public Service - A Legacy of All Pottermen."
● An Update on the Survey Results of the recent survey sent to all living Pottermen, and discussion of some issues that have emerged, including the status of Potter Club Alumni Association, Inc.;
● Details about our new web site, www.potterclubalumni.com, and what you would like to see on it.
You can visit the web site now to get much more information about the Reunion plans; the Reunion Site; and progress in the revitalization of Potter Club Alumni Association, Inc. We will post a daily update on the site of the list of Pottermen who will be attending the reunion. You may be able to find a fellow Potterman with whom you could share transportation to the reunion. Check out the Chautauqua County Visitors web site, www.tourchautauqua.com/homepage.asp, for a list of many other local attractions in this area that might entice you to extend your stay, or even arrive a day or so earlier.
We hope you will be able to join us to renew old friendships, make new friends, and enjoy Potter Fellowship again.
Sincerely, The Western New York Council Planning Team
Bob Sage, `55 Jim Sweet, `56 Hal Smith, `53 Harry Johnson, `51 Ozzie Leahy, `57 Jack Higham, `57
---------------Please tear off and return the form to Jack Higham with your check for payment ------------------------------
Name: ___________________________________ Spouse Name: ____________________________
Dinner/Social Hour/Mixer: $45* per person x number of persons ____ = $________
*(Includes tax, gratuities, mailing costs, and other expenses)
Dinner Menu Choice: Veal ___ Chicken ____ Salmon ____ Prime Rib ____ Vegetarian ____
(Indicate your preference for each of you. Call us if you have other special dietary needs)
Bus/Museum/Lunch/ tour: $40* per person x number of persons ____ = $________
*(Includes: Bus; Luci-Desi Museum fee; Lunch at the Athenaeum Hotel, Chautauqua Institution)
Total cost:= $________
Make your check payable to Potter Reunion `05 and return to Jack Higham, 489 Echo Road, Vestal, NY 13850 by August 1, 2005. Call Bob Sage at 716-763-6876, or Jack at 607-748-9015, if you have questions.
Lodging reservations need to be made directly with Webb's Lake Resort by August 1. After that date rooms and rates are subject to availability. Motel rates (not including tax) are:
Regular Double - $89.
King (1 bed) - $89.
Deluxe Double (Larger Bath) - $109.
King (with Jacuzzi & Balcony) - $139.
These rates apply for single or double occupancy, and include a light continental breakfast (coffee and doughnuts). The rates also apply for the days both preceding and following the reunion days for anyone wishing to make a longer stay. Call 716-753-2161 to make your reservation, or reserve online at www.webbsworld.com. Identify yourself with the Potter Alumni.